Inside/Outside Legal Counsel interested in corporate work in your department: projects that blend corporate and legal goals, closing contracts including AI, drafting, regulatory response, research, due diligence. Flexibility, consistency and contact on your timetable. “VUCA” type forecasting, “Smoothing the Waters” and other important business concepts are also enhanced by years of broad-based financial, managerial, technology and legal writing skills.
• Corporate Legal/General Counsel - 2010-2023, Robert K. Gresham LLC, Inside/Outside Legal Boutique.
• Wall Street Corporate Associate - Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, 1999-2003, many types of transactions, survived 9/11.
• Financial Consultant - Merrill Lynch, Fidelity Investments, First Union, 1987-89, 1993-95, financial competency and sales.
• Managerial/Entrepreneurial - Southeastern Business Brokers LLC, Mattress Mart LLC, 2004-2010, grew both companies from launch, solely responsible for employees, contracting, logistics, vendors, marketing, sales and finance.
• Technology and Tech Sales - Business Machines of Rome, 1989-1993, software sales (MSFT, SQL) for family office machine dealership, wrote Symphony and office leasing templates, with similar technology involvement to date..
• Legal Writing - Law School Section Legal Writing Award, highest grade in class, awarded Teaching Assistant for the next year, assistant to Dean John Feerick, the AAA grievance arbitrator of the NBA who adjudicated the 1998 lockout.
Corporate Legal Counsel/General Counsel - 2010-2023, Robert K. Gresham LLC, Georgia Bar #152138
• Deal Issues - Enacting governance steps, accommodating and answering regulatory pressure, closing sale of several companies, implementing M&A strategy and valuation, negotiating rep and warranty insurance.
• General Corporate Issues - Managed independent contractor and other employment issues, advised for DEI and ESG measures, organized COVID and other Black Swan “VUCA” issues, streamlined different types of logistics.
• Technical Issues - First look at contract management, AI and cybersecurity tools, implemented RIM management, encryption, E billing, E signature, IP Management, Legal RFP, E Discovery and Decision Support Tools.
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP- 1999-2003, Corporate Department.
• Left Stroock in good standing in May 2003, was allowed to retain many deal documents and other work product, redacted versions of transaction documents available upon request. The following are representative of such transactions, and all are of primary responsibility.
• Closed more than 30 quarterly public tender offers for hybrid hedge fund division of a large international investment bank client.
• Closed more than 10 public and private acquisitions and subsequent "roll-up" of the North American distribution network of a large Japanese client.
• Closed more than 20 transactions involving the continuing purchase of large amounts of defaulted credit card debt by a large international investment bank client.
• Sole authorship - Robert K. Gresham, Update on Proposed Amendments to NASD Corporate Financing Rule, Derivatives Report, Jan. 2002.
• Significant authorship - Micah Bloomfield & Theodore S. Lynn, Real Estate Investment Trusts (1994) (2000-2001 Supplements).
Fordham University School of Law, J.D. 2000, Top 50% of class, Section Legal Writing Award, Legal Writing Teaching Assistant, 1998.
Washington & Lee University, B.A. 1986, cum laude, Honors in Philosophy, National Merit Scholar.
Chinese University of Hong Kong, Winter 1985, semester of foreign study.
Startup and operation of three companies, created and implemented all operational systems of the companies including entity formation, leases, office store layout, manufacturer and model selection and related negotiations, inventory, pricing, sales, marketing, banking & finance, utilities, regulatory compliance, etc.